Matt West – Web & Mobile App Developer
Rochester, New York, USA
matt at mattdanger dot net
The latest version of this document can be found at: http://www.mattdanger.net/resume
To take over the world by utilizing my skills and background as a web and mobile app developer.
Actually, I really want to write the world’s best apps at a growing firm where my energy, creativity, and experience will be appreciated and rewarded.
D’Youville College, B.S., Information Technology
D’Youville College, M.S., International Business
- 12+ years developing for the Internet
- 5 years experience with Geeklog, WordPress, and Expression Engine CM systems
- 4 years experience with Drupal and jQuery in high load environments
- 1 year experience with iOS development
- Knowledge of CVS, Mercurial, and Subversion
- Knowledge of security, performance, scalability, and SEO requirements
- Working knowledge of CakePHP and Ruby on Rails frameworks
Developer, Our Hometown, Inc. (March 2009 – Current)
- Developed a set of advertisement modules for Drupal, a CMS written in PHP.
- Developed locally branded news viewer iOS apps.
- Perform development, maintenance and support on over 200 Drupal production sites.
- Manage production CentOS 5.5 LAMP servers that have been tuned for optimal Drupal performance.
Student Developer, Google Inc. – Google Summer of Code program (May – August 2008)
- Developed a web-based migration and plugin installer for Geeklog, a CMS written in PHP.
Student Developer, Google Inc. – Google Summer of Code program (May – August 2007)
- Developed a web-based installer for Geeklog, a CMS written in PHP.
Distance Learning Dept., D’Youville College, (2006 – 2009)
- Deployed Blackboard distance learning software running on Red Hat AS.
- Developed nightly and weekly data backup system.
- Implemented security policies that restricted remote access from only specific subnets and specific hosts using iptables and shared SSH keys.
- Perform regular maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades.
Academic Computing Dept., D’Youville College (2004 – 2009)
- Maintain a mixed lab and classroom of 150 Windows XP and Mac OS X workstations.
- Implemented Mac OS X maintenance policies using Apple’s ASR utility to restore hard drive images and a group of shell scripts to perform nightly tasks (Using launchd & crond).
- Implemented Windows maintenance policies using Symantec Ghost.
- Implemented a centralized file server for office backups and software storage.
- Deployed an internal wiki which was used to store all documentation how maintaining lab computers.
Freelance Developer (2004 – Current)
- Visit http://mattdanger.net/work-portfolio/ to view my portfolio.
- D’Youville College International Business Department – Best Research Presentation
- D’Youville College Information Technology Department – Outstanding Achievement